Tuesday, September 14, 2010

a year unlike any other

A couple of weeks ago, I celebrated one of the most relaxing birthdays. I knew it would be a good one when my eyes saw the light of day at the comfortable time of something past 07h30, when I would naturally awake during my days off.



Although some might dread doing errands and consider going grocery shopping a hassle, I, on the other hand, love it (as some of you know). After a lazy morning, I left the apartment in search of a few key ingredients of the day, including at Eric Kayser for a delicious tomato and mozzarella panini on olive bread. With the perfect weather on that gorgeous sunny day, I munched on my sandwich and fresh juicy peach in the park while listening to music and reflecting on my experiences within the past 10 months. Wow, 10 months. Can you believe it? I don't think I've stayed in one spot for this long (without going home).

Anyway, let's get back to this wonderful day :). Lunch in the park made me regret wearing jeans so before heading back out to do more errands, I changed into a sundress and made my way up toward school where I tried out a newish pâtisserie, La Patisserie des Rêves.


their famous Paris-Brest, in cute puffy flower form


umm, can you say adorable packaging?? 1st, they put the pastry in an innovative (albeit awkward to carry) pink triangle box with a handle. 2nd, they tuck in a cloth napkin, not even made from the thick paper that's in fancy bathrooms. 3rd, translated to the Pastry Shop of Dreams, I'd have to say P. Conticini was pretty spot-on with the name and his goods!

La Pâtisserie des Rêves
93 Rue du Bac, 75007 PARIS

last puff of the Paris-Brest. Normally just filled with crème pralinée (praline buttercream), Conticini brings it up a notch by adding some oozy goozy chocolate praline in the middle!

After a bus ride, a wander around an area I didn't know too well, and a couple changes on the metro, I finally made it home in time to sit down and rest up before my fabulous birthday dinner chez Ece. Home-cooked with the some of the most amazing non-Parisians I've met here, I ended the night with a tricky finish (re-lighting candles...)! Thanks, girls :)


1 comment:

  1. Ma cherie, what a lovely birthday to remember your 24th! I like the packaging and the napkin idea....and the photo looked mouthwatering. Just think...you can stop in for a bite after Mass at the Miraculous Medal Shrine!

    ReplyDelete